Sunday, June 22, 2008

Friends

My good friends just had a baby in April, and when she was about four weeks old I went to take some family portraits. This photo shoot was when I really decided that portraits was not a good way to start my second year of pictures. Portraits involve people, and technically portraits involve people who know you are taking pictures of them (as opposed to candid shots of people, which,at this point in my photographic adventure, I much prefer over formal portraits).

Again I tried to use my tripod, and again I was very uncomfortable. There is too much fiddling that needs to be done to get things just right. With an audience, I think it would have been easier to hold the camera and use a good flash to prevent blur.

After this shoot I thought I would be lucky if I ended up with even one picture that I liked. Although none of them turned out to be the beautiful family portrait I was hoping I would get, I did get some pictures that I felt weren't too bad to post.










No comments: