Saturday, August 23, 2008

Sunflowers

I know it has been a while. I have been taking pictures, but I have not continued to do a new type of picture each month. In May (or was it June?) when I was doing portraits I found myself seeing things that would make good pictures and thinking, "Well, but it's not a portrait" and then not taking the picture. Also, we've had a lot going on and other priorities, so I have not spent a lot of time on photography this summer.



That's not to say I haven't been taking pictures, however. The part I haven't been spending time on is the uploading, editing and posting. So I will try to get caught up in the coming weeks by posting pictures I've taken this summer. I'm starting with these sunflower shots which I took just this week. Hope you like them.


































3 comments:

Lynne said...

Mindy, these are stunning!! Especially against the deep blue sky... one of the things I really miss living in Shanghai.

Sarah Jane said...

These are great - is that sky real? I think you made it bluer!

mle said...

No, I didn't make it bluer--at least not digitally. I did use a polarizing filter on the lens. But the sky was remarkably blue that day.