Tuesday, May 6, 2008

M&M

One challenge in doing portraits is that I not only have to take the time to go out and shoot, but I have to get other people to take time to let me take pictures of them. We've had a lot going on in the last week and I didn't have time to coordinate with anyone, so I just took pictures of us.

These are nice pictures of the two of us, but they aren't anything special, artistically speaking. It was good practice though. Using these pictures I learned how to do some fun stuff in Photoshop Elements. I'm not sure I want to tell you what, though--can you tell what has been manipulated here? I tried to be pretty subtle with the changes, so hopefully they're not obvious.






































I took some pictures of myself in front of a beautiful lilac bush, and even got brave enough to ask a nice couple walking by if I could their picture. I promised them I wouldn't show anyone, but I thought they did turn out pretty good. So, Mr. Y., if you happen to be reading this and would like to leave a comment giving your permission, I'd love to post your picture...

For now, though, here's one of me.




1 comment:

Sarah Jane said...

mmm...I'm guessing Mark had a symbol on his shirt? I don't know - you did a good job!